Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Friday, February 25, 2011

They Grow Up So Fast!

 
Before

After
It's hard to believe little Oliver is almost one year old! He is about 10-11 months old now, and growing up to be a big boy! (I'm glad he is neutered!). He lives his life peacefully and carefree at my boyfriend's house in the Roseville area. They have 5 acres, two dogs, 3 cats, 7 horses, and a few chickens. It's the perfect place for Oliver, he spends most of his time hanging out on the back porch sitting on a large cat post watching the hummingbirds feed. I have no idea how he thinks it might be possible to ever catch one, but a cat can dream.

I got Oliver last year around the time I graduated from undergrad at UC Davis. He's always been adorable, but silly at times. He sure is one lucky cat. His name came from Oliver Twist, cause he was always a sad little beggar cat, "Please Sir, Can I have Some More?" was his motto. He is a cute little ginger kitten that was rescued from living in a Sacramento area barn. His momma was a feral cat and luckily all his brothers and sisters found loving homes, while momma was spayed. There are so many cats in the world without homes, I encourage anyone looking for a cat to adopt and if you can, adopt an older cat, kittens always find homes, but older cats don't as often and they often make better pets because they are socialized, litter trained, and know how to behave like a cat. Oliver was a bit of a challenge and appeared at the right time. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oliver is so CUTE!! I love it when kitties find good homes! :)