Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Sqeezing the last little bit out of my summer

I start Veterinary school in exactly 8 days, well orientation, that is, but many say orientation is grueling, although full of character. I am anxious to meet all my fellow classmates and learn about their interests and backgrounds. Luckily, by working for UCD at the state fair this summer, I was able to meet several of my classmates already. Working at the state fair is definitely great experience for veterinary school or applications, however it did not meet my expectations. The hours were long, the days were hot, and they gave you little instruction as to what you were supposed to be doing which was taking care of farm animals, like pigs, cows, sheep, and goats. I love all animals, but a little guidance would have been helpful!

I’m looking forward to meeting my Big Sib, she seems really cool and is a year ahead of me in vet school. I can’t believe I will get to be someone’s Big Sib next year! Not only do we have a Big Sib, but we also get a faculty mentor. UC Davis provides their students a lot of guidance throughout their veterinary program. I’ve also heard that we get free dog food from Purina and Hill’s. I’m really excited just to see what vet school has to offer! This is the line-up of this fall’s courses.

Classes for Fall Quarter, freshman year of veterinary school (23.3 units!!!):

Freshman Doctoring
Normal Anatomy of the Canine Locomoter System
Cardiovascular Anatomy
P. Chemistry
Animal Behavior
Epidemiology
Freshman Clinical Skills
Cell & Tissue Structure and Function
Radiology
Veterinary Ethics & Law

No comments: