Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Starting a Blog

I have decided to start my first blog after reading countless other blogs that are interesting, inspiring, and somewhat life changing. At the age of six, my dream was to become an equine (horse) veterinarian. I spent every hour I wasn’t at school at the barn and tried my hand at various riding disciplines from endurance, western, and hunter/jumper. I have always loved horses and have wanted to spend my life treating and working with them.

I’ve just been accepted to the University of California Davis School of Veterinary Medicine. I am excited and nervous all at the same time to be going to such a prestigious school. I am one of the 1,067 applicants that applied and one of the 135 admitted for the class of 2014. I have discovered that admission is difficult, but no where near impossible.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am 17 and a junior in high school in Knoxville, TN. I have always had a love for animals and I've dreamed of becoming a veterinarian since I was in elementary school! I have shadowed at my local veterinary hospital and volunteered with animal rescue groups. What advice do you have for a high school student wanting to pursue a career in this field? I know that I still have another year before starting my undergrad in pre vet, but what can I be doing now to ensure I have the best chance possible to get accepted into veterinary school? Also, any idea what jobs are typically offered at animal hospitals for my age group?

Any advice would be much appreciated! This is my dream and I am so motivated to do anything possible to make it happen.

Thanks!
Caitlin

Krissy Wood said...

http://livingmydreamkn.blogspot.com/2011/11/advice-for-high-school-students.html