Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

On The Fence


Some days in veterinary school can make you really want to do something else with your life. I don't know why, it is difficult to explain, especially since I grew up knowing I wanted to become a veterinarian. Why would I want to give up living my dream?

It is very difficult not to be hard on yourself when you do something wrong or don't do as well as you had hoped. You feel like the world is against you sometimes. 


Life largely involves studying, sleeping, studying more and attending classes and taking exams. 

There are hard and easy days in any life/profession. I'm still learning how to cope with those hard days and am so happy that I have so much love and support surrounding me. I know I can live my dream and become the veterinarian I've always wanted to be. I just have to be tough, and dive in head first. I think that is what part of vet school is, learning how to overcome difficulties and hurdles (which have been along my whole road to veterinary school). 

My new motto: work hard, work harder, and then work your hardest. Don't let anyone make you think you are not capable of achieving your dreams, especially yourself!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Krissy,
Your right about the Love around you & we all believe in you no doubts in any of our minds.
I know you will do it for sure. Even when you were young you found a way to be with the horses & that was hard work for you but you kept it up.
I Love You so much & I'm very proud of you.
Love Grandma

Rockjdog said...

When I was in school and working full time sometimes my reality went askew. The world seemed a dark place with every arrow of negativity and misfortune shot directly at me.
There were times while in the shower I would yell “is this the worst you can do to me? This aint nothin. Come on and give me more I can take it" The old dantes inferno psychology would work at times.

Then there were other times that I would have to stop being Don (the invincible) and take time off from the idea of what Don should do or be or how he handles things. In other words allow myself mistakes and above all be gentle with myself and my worries.

Then there were other days when I would live one day at a time and not giving myself permission to think about the next day or month or year.

Little by little I got through it and by the end I found I could handle and achieve more than I ever thought I had the strength to accomplish.

That is a lesson that will follow you all of your life and it will give you the knowledge and confidence to go after many other goals. I think you may find one day knowing how strong you can be ( by passing this test of fire) will be the true gift of this whole experience.
You wont see that yet because life experience is a rear-view mirror.

Krissy Wood said...

Well said Rockjdog and thanks Grandma! I love that quote: "you won't see that yet because life experience is a rear-view mirror", love it, keeps me going!