Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Monday, April 4, 2011

Being a Veterinary Student-Experience is the word everyone gives their mistakes

Veterinary School can be difficult some days. You feel a lot of pressure to get good grades and do many extracurricular activities as well. 
I have already learned that it is inevitable that you will struggle through some aspect of your learning in veterinary school. Whether it be a class, clinics, communicating with a client or co-worker, you are bound to at some point in time make a mistake. The word "mistake" can be a little bit misleading. As long as it is not a fatal mistake (which at least others will learn from), mistakes can only benefit you in the long run. 

Mistakes obviously, show us what needs improving. Without mistakes, how would we know what we have to work on? 

I believe mistakes are a necessary part of the your ever increasing learning curve in veterinary school. The more experience you seem to have, the less mistakes that seem to occur. If people didn't make mistakes they wouldn't be human. I have made mistakes, but I have learned from them. I may seem perfect on the outside, but I'm not, anyone who thinks they are perfect are not. You can get pretty close (although very few do), but you never are a 100% perfect. I believe part of the imperfection is what builds character and knowledge. Embrace your mistakes, try to limit them, but know that they will only teach you something valuable. If anyone wants me to give them a personal example of a mistake I have made and how I learned even more from it, feel free to contact me:
hamaleo11@gmail.com

It's always helpful to learn from your mistakes because then it makes them worth while. 


No comments: