Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Monday, March 28, 2011

everything I Need to Know About Life, I Learned From A Horse...

I'm retiring one of my favorite shirts of all time, my 4-H horse t-shirt. I love it a lot, but it has holes, stains, and is pretty much never worn anymore, so I think it is time to let it go. I thought I would share with the world my experiences in 4-H and share the message from my t-shirt. 4-H is a wonderful program for children of any ages and there are so many different types of projects, I was involved in horse (obviously), shooting sports, and scrap booking clubs. I had wonderful learning experiences and met children with similar interests as mine. 4-H also has leadership opportunities which look really good when applying to college as well as leadership conferences. I highly suggest 4-H for any child, they will find some type of project they are interested in, and if they don't, the 4-H organization can help them start their own.

Don't be just one o the herd, to be heard * If you need to get somewhere, hoof it * Don't let others corral you * Munch hay while the sun shines * He who lives with a herd... learns to watch his step * You've got horse sense - Use It! * Who needs electricity when you've got natural gas? * New shoes are an absolute necessity every six weeks * Never run when you can walk and never walk when you can stand still * Ignore cues. They are just a prompt to do more work * Everyone loves a good, wet, slobbery kiss * In times of crisis, take a poop * A swift kick in the butt will get anyone's attention * Horse sense is usually found in people with a stable mind.


No comments: