Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Monday, June 10, 2013

Benchmark - Completing 3 years of veterinary school!

 So like normal, I'm procrastinating studying - but I have major senioritis...and I know I'll do fine on my last final of veterinary school! Still have more tests to come (national and state board exams), and a really hard year (clinics) between me and my DVM degree, but I'm excited to start the final year! 

Speaking of which, I have logged almost all my volunteer veterinary hours since I started veterinary school - and you might think I'm an overachiever, but I'd agree with you - I'm a volunteer/workaholic. In addition to my job in the equine ICU I've had the opportunity to volunteer for many amazing causes and groups since I started vet school in September 2010. Although I had been volunteering at the Mercer clinic since I came to Davis as a transfer student back in 2008.

Volunteer Hours: 
2010 - 24 hours
2011 - 168 hours
2012 - 151 hours
2013 - 70 hours

GRAND TOTAL = 413 HOURS!!! And that's just what I've remembered to log, I'm sure there are a few hours I forgot about. 

Volunteer Organizations: 

The Mercer Veterinary Clinic
Coalation for Community Cats (C4CC) @ Sac SPCA
Fairfield Fix our Ferals
Bradshaw SPCA feral cat clinics
Fieldhaven Feline Rescue
Emergency Team Student Shadowing @ UCD
Veterinary Student Outreach
VET SOS (SF) 
RVETS
Wild West Endurance Ride '11
Tevis Endurance Ride '11
Veterinary Aides Club @ UCD
 
In just about 2 weeks, I'm heading to Guatemala for my very first externship (that counts for school credit) with RAVS-HSVMA and my mentor Dr. David Turoff to do equine work! So excited and I'm sure I will blog about my experience there! So lucky, I feed so privileged to give to others. 

Thanks to my loyal study buddy!!! Simon.


No comments: