Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Stack of Pancakes

I haven't been able to write any posts lately because frankly Spring quarter of veterinary school is tough! I really thought last quarter was rough, but little did I know what Spring quarter could bring....
I really like that we have started taking our medicine courses, which means I have classes specific to equine and small animal medicine, but since I have decided to take two medicines, I have increased the number of lectures, exams and time I need to direct towards school. 

Sometimes it makes me think of this post I found online. Veterinary school or Med school in this case is like having a stack of pancakes every morning! They are amazing, but when you eat too many, you are sleepy, groggy and don't want anymore pancakes. But every morning you wake up and are forced to eat 5 pancakes! EVERY MORNING! I also found the picture at the top of this post on the back of my UC Davis magazine, which frankly just made my day since I was feeling this way at the exact moment I saw the picture. 

I have 3 more weeks of classes, then finals week. After that, I will be heading to Morocco/Europe for almost 2 months! I'm very excited, but still have a lot of planning to do. I can't wait to finish this quarter, like I said Spring quarter, it's been fun and you've really pushed me as a veterinary student, but it was nice knowing you! Please enjoy the article below, I could not summarize for you, you just have to read it.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure you'll do great! You're such an inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing that pancake story link...it was too funny and a great metaphor! Good thing to keep in mind as I finish up my pre-vet prereqs.