Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cavalia! A Wonderful Evening in San Francisco...


Last night, Alex and I went to San Francisco to see Cavalia, an amazing show! I couldn't have been more excited to see horses in such a magical way. It was an exquisite spectacle of the equestrian world that made you feel so surreal as if you were in the midst of a dream. 
The Freestyle  act was my favorite part of the show. The woman had nine gorgeous grey Arabian horses that she single handedly directed around the arena in various patterns. They were so responsive, and so curious! They knew that she was the alpha of the herd though!
 These people standing on the horses also went over about a two food jump! In the finale, the guy standing on the backs of his two horses jumped and flipped in the air over the jump, landing back on the two horses on the other side! It was really cool, and I've been a horse person for 17 years of my 23 year old life and I didn't think that was even possible nor would I ever attempt it! It was thrilling!
Unfortunately, I was unable to get my own pictures since we could not have cameras, probably for safety reasons for horses and riders, but I found some great pictures of some of the main shows. The pictures do not do the show justice at all and I highly recommend seeing the show for yourself.
If you want to see a short video clip, check out this link:

No comments: