Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Can't wait For Thanksgiving!!

Vet School has been kinda brutal this month with 5 exams in 15 days, this week isn't so bad and sadly, we are the only class with school next week. The upperclassmen get the entire week off for Thanksgiving, but WE have to go in on Monday and Tuesday for two full days. Can't they just give us a break? We've been working hard! I have to say, I'm doing much better in Anatomy now, thanks to my great friends that help me study and those that let me teach them what I've learned. I was only 2 points away from 100% on my last practical exam! And the funny thing is, the one I missed was one I actually knew cause I had written down the correct name, then second guessed myself and changed it. Uggghhhh. That is what happens sometimes, you just have to live with it. 

I'm exploring this summer's plans although I've already scheduled to attend the American Fonduk in Fez, Moracco summer 2012 (I can't wait!) This summer, I plan on applying for a RAVS trip (RAVS=Rural Area Veterinary Service). They go nationally and internationally helping all animals. I hope to go on their summer trip which is a week long to North or South Dakota, where they will be providing services for several Indian reservations. I would prefer one of their equine trips, but just as happily attend one of the small animal trips. I would love to go to Guatemala or Peru this summer with them, but first you have to do a trip in the US before they let you go abroad. It seems like a great program and is low cost to me. I'm still bouncing around the idea in my head of doing a STAR project. I really like research, but I have already done a research project my senior year of college (and half my junior year), maybe I should just get more involved in externships and clinics and get some more hands on? It's a tough call.

I just can't wait until Thanksgiving break, I will probably have one day of downtime, but a lot of it will be spent studying and preparing for final exams the following week. The week after Thanksgiving is hell week, we have so many labs, a cumulative Radiology final, and I have my two small animal nursing shifts (one the night before the Radiology final). Then the following week, we have four finals, one each day (M-Th). Awww....I'm sure I am going to feel like little kitty after Thanksgiving diner:

No comments: