Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Friday, September 14, 2012

Starting My Third Year of Veterinary School

Photo Credit
It's that time of year again, long before the rest of UC Davis begins, the last of the old veterinary school curriculum begins their daily pilgrimages to school. (Although the 1st and 2nd year students started weeks before us cause they are on the semester system). 

This time instead of having lecture in the new and fancy Gladys Valley Hall, we have the majority of our lectures in Schalm 170, the dark and uncomfortable classroom from the early 80's? Yeah, you could say we were spoiled as first and second years, but we're at the peak of our curriculum, less than a year away from beginning our clinical year in the VMTH. We're the last of the old curriculum and yes, we are thankful for our electives!

I'm halfway through veterinary school and man, how time has passed me by! I've done a lot in my short while here, and it's all been worthwhile. 

This quarter, I'm taking both equine and small animal medicine courses and a mirage of electives, such as equine reproduction, large animal toxicology, & small animal radiology case discussions. Our core classes include ophthalmology, neurology, orthopedics, doctoring and surgery! 

Yes, we are starting our surgery courses! That means we get to perform our first surgeries this quarter! This is both exciting and scary. I'm lucky to have such amazing faculty to help me through the process and did I mention the best surgery team? 

Third year is off, my first exam is this weekend, and then one next week (wow...exams in the third week of school! That's a nice change! ;). Haven't even tried to make an exam count for the entire quarter yet, but I know there are a few in each class. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that sounds amazing! How do you keep such good grades while staying so busy? Can you give me some tips on picking a good surgery team like yours?