Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Monday, May 9, 2011

Spring Quarter is Winding Down

This quarter has gone by so fast, we're down to three weeks left of classes and one week with 4 finals. That's right, somehow we went from like 9 classes to only 4. We're left with immunology, parasitology, renal physiology, and hematology. Plus my two electives, small animal radiology discussion and the equine neonatal course. 

Overall it has been a great quarter, I have struggled in one of my classes (I'm not perfect), but have really excelled in others. I really enjoy immunology and parasitology. Hematology is very interesting as well, learning all about blood can be really fun. Plus, these three courses overlap with one another! They have a lot of material that overlaps, like blood smears, the immune response, immune cells, etc. 


I have experienced a lot of new things this quarter, I've been able to work and attend classes. I love my job in the equine ICU and work with a lot of wonderful, very knowledgeable people who have the patient's best interest in mind. I am learning a lot!

I have taken new opportunities to be a leader for the Mercer clinic (treating pets of the homeless in Sacramento) as well as becoming a coordinator for the Coalition for Community Cats feral cat clinics in Sacramento. 

I think the scariest thing so far this year has been in passing the second year students in the hall. Their spring quarter is really tough, they all are taking many classes and have so many tests! I heard they had five exams in three days. They all look very tired and it is just slightly scary that I will soon be in their shoes.  

If any of you pre-vets are looking for experience, try the UC Davis Summer enrichment program: http://sharonostermann.blog.com/2011/05/10/pre-vet-get-experience-at-uc-davis-with-the-summer-enrichment-program/

 I wish life was this easy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.