Disclaimer

The content of this blog reflects my personal experiences and opinions during my veterinary school education. It does not reflect the experiences or opinions of my classmates, colleagues, or the UC Davis School of Veterinary medicine. If you wish to contact me via email: hamaleo11@gmail.com

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Finals Are Here

I've been waiting all quarter to be done with the quarter. I love vet school, but I am ready for a break. I've been working my butt off this quarter trying to keep up in classes and balance a life outside of vet school. I've tried to keep my stress down by spending time with family and friends, riding, yoga and working out (not as much as I would like). Vet school does grow on you and I feel that I have developed adequate study skills needed to do well in my courses. I have made adjustments to my life and spent more time focusing on vet school instead of working (like I did in undergrad). It's been kind of relaxing not having to worry about a job and just focus on my studies. Vet school is my job!

I am preparing myself for this week, four exams, one each day. My schedule is great in regards to only one exam each day, but it seems that it will all happen so fast and they will leap frog on top of one another. Life is full of trade-offs. We must make decisions on how we conduct ourselves every day in order to complete tasks and run our lives. I'm procrastinating as we speak by writing this blog, but frankly if I don't take study breaks, I feel as though my brain might explode. When I can turn my attention to something else for just a minute or two, it really gives me a refresher that allows me to get my full attention back to my studies. Wish me luck on finals, all four of them!

Monday: Physical Chemistry
Tuesday: Cardiology Anatomy
Wednesday: Canine Locomoter Anatomy
Thursday: Histology

2 comments:

Ashley Tom said...

Good Luck!!!! And congrats on finishing your fist quarter of vet school!

Krissy Wood said...

Thanks! I'll be so glad when finals are over!